Kung Fu Panda 2 vs. Kung Fu Panda

8 comments

6 comments

Really! No comments on this matchup? Very strange. I actually really like both movies for what they are, and would hold them on the same level as each other. But I'll go for the original slightly because I enjoyed the fight scenes more.

I don't know which one is "better" (it really depends on your taste on this one), but I personally enjoyed the first one quite a lot more. Kung Fu Panda 2 is fun, but it didn't quite wow me like the first one did. Kung Fu Panda 2 has the better villain and a story that's a tiny bit better, but the first Kung Fu Panda had better (and more) jokes, much better visuals, better fight scenes and better direction overall. Kung Fu Panda 2 is an enjoyable sequel, but the first Kung Fu Panda is amazing.

^I contradicted myself somewhat. Wups.

Both enjoyable. Both ultimately forgettable. I'll go with #2....but it's close enough...

I personally thought Kung Fu Panda 2 was atrocious, and even unwatchable. However, I did really enjoy watching the first Kung Fu Panda- it had a lot of great gags, and some surprising heart.

I pick the second one it's better

Really the squeal's better

The first one, easily. It is underrated.

close, but 2's better IMO.

I agree with JLFM. Kung Fu Panda 2 is almost unwatchable, which is a huge disappointment because the first one is so good.

Kung Fu Panda 2 is the Best Movie of All Time. Hands down.

Kung Fu Tiebreaker Strike!

I've always liked the second one more, but the first is still a good film.

The Second one was good, but the first one wins

The second one for me. Less enjoyable or funny, but more emotional and heartfelt. The climax for Kung Fu Panda 2 is infinitely better than the first, even if the first half is a lot less enjoyable than that of the first.

2 over 1 anyday for me

Surprised at the results here, I really like the both of them but it was obvious to me that the first one is superior in every way except for the villain

for me the second best because Lord Sheng was truly one of the best villains in Dreamworks