Pi vs. Rambo

1 comments

0 comments

Similarities on which I can gauge which movies does it better: 1. Both movies are about lonely and troubled protagonists who are haunted by their pasts and struggle with their mental health. Rambo ain't First Blood, but it's the same character, and it's hard not to rate Stallone's portrayal of said character even in this movie. He definitely does a better job than the Jewish Mathematician does. Pi: 0 Rambo: 1 2. Both movies involve violence and gore, although for different reasons and with different effects. Pi depicts the protagonist’s self-harm and paranoia, while Rambo shows the protagonist’s brutal fight against a ruthless regime. Rambo's gore is so satisfying to watch, but Pi's drill scene is one that definitely stands out in my mind. I have to give it to Rambo nonetheless. Pi: 0 Rambo: 2 3. Both movies have minimal dialogue and rely more on visual storytelling and sound effects to create tension and atmosphere. I have to give this to Pi, especially cause of the sound track. It absolutely carries that movie. Pi: 1 Rambo: 2 4. Both movies have cult followings and are considered classics in their respective genres (psychological thriller and action). I think Rambo has a lot to live up to, at least when compared to the first movie, but it has alright action for what it is. A bit too shaky. I liked Pi for what it was, it was deserving of it's cult following considering Aronofsky basically made it on a budget that no movie could be made on nowadays. Pi: 2 Rambo: 2 Tiebreaker: 5. Pi is the first film of director Darren Aronofsky, while Rambo is the fourth film of the Rambo franchise. Rambo is not the best movie in the franchise, if this was First Blood I'd handily give it to that. Unfortunately, it's going against a movie that knew what it wanted to do and did it well, and I just can't help but admire that. Pi is the winner for me. Pi: 3 Rambo: 2