Iron Man vs. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

10 comments

16 comments

Winter Soldier

Even though I prefer Iron Man as a character to Captain America, The Winter Soldier was the better film for me personally.

Iron Man is the still the best of the solo films of The Avengers franchise.

Iron Man for me. I love both though.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is officially my favorite Marvel film

The Winter Soldier

CA

Tony Stark is just a more interesting character than Steve Rogers, and that's what makes the difference here. I agree with JC13's assessment of Iron Man.

Two of the best solo movie and I have to go with cap here.

The Winter Soldier. I was always a bigger fan of Steve Rogers.

Ditto on Iron Man being the MCU's best solo film. Cap 2 and IM3 come close but the first Iron Man remains the least flawed Marvel movie, possibly ever.

Yeah, well said Caesar

I've said it before, but I just don't seen the greatness of Iron Man. Pretty much each film of Phase 2 has been better than Iron Man.

Tough...

The Winter Soldier

Civil War! Cap wins this round.

Iron Man, still, but just barely. The Winter Soldier was amazing. Who knows? A rewatch of that one could change my mind.

Winter Soldier.

I'm not a particularly big Cap fan in general, but THE WINTER SOLDIER featured some political intrigue, Black Widow, and Redford, with a dash of Anthony Mackie as Falcon thrown in for good measure. Solid recipe!

Winter soldier but it’s close

Best MCU films 1. IW 2. IM1 3. TWS

Winter Soldier wins....

Two of the greatest cinema presentations man has ever achieved. Seriously.

I liked Iron Man more than Captain America as the protagonist, but Winter Soldier is the better film

Two of the greatest COMIC BOOK MOVIE presentation

Both are some of the greatest superhero movies ever made, and it’s very, very close, but just barely, TWS.

Iron Man started the MCU so I have to give it credit there but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as many other MCU films. I find it quite dated at parts and the second half can be quite dull. The Winter Soldier, meanwhile, is my favourite MCU film.

Winter Soldier has more flaws but also takes more risks. Iron Man while a fine movie has a memorable start, a memorable finish and a memorable performance to make it stand out but has a weak villain and a rather middling third act. I'd rather see more Winter Soldier

Both are amazing but for me it’s Iron Man