Luca vs. Soul

6 comments

2 comments

Soul. It is such a difficult Pixar decision. I think I enjoyed both more than most.

Luca is really good, but edge to Soul for more depth

Soul was sluggish and drab. Downright boring when 22 isn't involved. Luca's nothing special but there's enough wit and charm there to keep things moving at a respectable pace.

Soul, but I did enjoy Luca.

I loved both movies they are in my top 3 favorite Pixar movies with WALL-E being my favorite Pixar movie and my favorite movie of all time. They are also both in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I loved the main characters but the short end of the stick Luca had was the side characters. In Soul I like all of the characters and their purposes. The animation is better, it's more creative and the message is done beautifully. Even the instrumental score is one of the best I've ever heard. Therefore Soul is in the top 5 favorite movies of all time and Luca is in the top 10. But both come close. Soul wins for more depth and complexity.

I love both of these movies but Soul had the better animation, supporting characters, the better music, sound design, emotional depth and the better message. But Luca had the better main characters, creative ideas and still has unique animation I'd never seen in any other film. Soul wins but I still really enjoy Luca.

Now looking back Luca is better than Soul because of relatability. But Soul is still a masterpiece.

Actually I changed my mind again. Soul wins.

Personally Soul is the stronger movie, but Luca is a tad more re-watchable.